• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

omitted incorrect information

Charlie asked about this dish yesterday. He said he had it in New York several years ago and it was really good. It is chicken and rice with a white sauce. (See blog address at the bottom)  I could not find  the hot sauce or pita, so got some flat bread that I thought would do. Turns out the dish he had did not have any bread, hot sauce, lettuce or tomato so it didn't matter anyway.

20190115_172805.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie asked about this dish yesterday. He said he had it in New York several years ago and it was really good. It is chicken and rice with a white sauce. (See blog address at the bottom)  I could not find pita or the hot sauce or pita, so got some flat bread that I thought would do. Turns out the dish he had did not have any bread, hot sauce, lettuce or tomato so it didn't matter anyway.

20190115_172805.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie asked about this dish yesterday. He said he had it in New York several years ago and it was really good. It is chicken and rice with a white sauce. (See blog address at the bottom)  I could not find pita or the hot sauce so got some flat bread that I thought would do. Turns out the dish he had did not have any bread, hot sauce, lettuce or tomato so it didn't matter anyway.

20190115_172805.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie asked about this dish yesterday. He said he had it in New York several years ago and it was really good.  I could not find pita or the hot sauce so got some flat bread that I thought would do. Turns out the dish he had did not have any bread, hot sauce, lettuce or tomato so it didn't matter anyway.

20190115_172805.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Last night as supper, Charlie asked me if I had heard of Halal. I said I had but was drawing a blank as to what it was. He said it was something he had had in New York and it was really good. He said it was chicken and rice with a white sauce.  When I looked it up, I  was reminded that halal was a term for kosher food, not a dish in itself.  I found a recipe that claimed it was true to the New York halal cart-style dish.  The store did not have any pita bread but did have a generic flat bread. They did not have the hot sauce either. It turns out that what Charlie had did not have bread, hot sauce, lettuce or tomato so it didn't matter in the end anyway.

20190115_172805.jpg