• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

So, for the eGullet picnic (we really need to have one), I nominate @HungryChris to make the sandwiches and @Ann_T to make the pizzas. 

@Wolf – hope we get to see a picture of the finished dish.  Sounds wonderful.

@robirdstx – lovely plating job.  That osso bucco looks so good and the spinach is perfect!

@chord – I do that all the time.  I’ll put the plates on the table and Mr. Kim will say, “Ah, we’re having beige”. 

Sweet and Sour Pork over rice with sautéed snow peas (with a little ponzu sauce to steam them to tenderness):

DSCN9051.JPG.f51bdd04aca1d9f9a7fb310497f2a487.JPG

The pork for the sweet and sour was done sous vide.  Not sure that it really made much of a difference to the final dish.  Also, none of those green peppers graced my plate.

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

So, for the eGullet picnic (we really need to have one), I nominate @HungryChris to make the sandwiches and @Ann_T to make the pizzas. 

@Wolf – hope we get to see a picture of the finished dish.  Sounds wonderful.

@robirdstx – lovely plating job.  That osso bucco looks so good and the spinach is perfect!

@chord – I do that all the time.  I’ll put the plates on the table and Mr. Kim will say, “Ah, we’re having beige”. 

Sweet and Sour Pork over rice with sautéed snow peas (with a little ponzu sauce to steam them to tenderness):

DSCN9051.JPG.f51bdd04aca1d9f9a7fb310497f2a487.JPG

The pork for the sweet and sour was done sous vide.  Not sure that it really made much of a difference to the final dish.