• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2019

liuzhou

@blue_dolphin

nice. very nice ..

I hope your plan was to Lick the Plate

or the granite 

Im not sure how the MoneyEggShot became 

popular here

but not mater

Id have knifed out that delicious yolky center

and have the Chef enjoy it Personally for all the work,

just saying

guess there are smoke Fine Folks Here

that enjoy liking the plate !

sure you got everything ?

I just the 100 % system I have :

my mouth 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin

I hope your plan was to Lick the Plate

Anecdote alert:  Granddaughter was visiting @ around age 4.    She had just finished eating something she thought yummy and asked, "Ama, is it okay to lick the plate?"   I told her that it was ok to lick her plate at Ama's house, and maybe at her own, but never at a friend's house or a restaurant.    Thinking this cute of her, I told her mother, who was silent for several very long seconds before  bellowing, "NOooooo,   It is NEVER okay to lick your plate.   EVER.   ANYPLACE!"      Lost my cred with that one.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

eGullet member #80.

Great story.

So now, of course, it MUST be your life's work to serve the mom something so irresistible she can't help licking her own plate. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

24 minutes ago, chromedome said:

So now, of course, it MUST be your life's work to serve the mom something so irresistible she can't help licking her own plate. :P

To be honest, she's an easy sell and I'm quite sure I've seen her come close to inhaling off the plate.    But I have no quibble over how she has trained the kids.    Better a little inside the line than over it.    The latter comes naturally.      

• Like 1

eGullet member #80.

While still away on our overnight jaunt to Niagara on the Lake - had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. 

IMG_8364.thumb.jpg.5a3a988a0c2146d159822208fef24b20.jpg

I opted for the buffet - hubby chose the French toast which I neglected to get a picture of. 

Up top on the plate were Roma tomatoes - oven roasted with cheese on them. One was hot, one was not - they tasted like little pizzas. I quite enjoyed them.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Like 5

On 10/12/2019 at 12:26 PM, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Anecdote alert:  Granddaughter was visiting @ around age 4.    She had just finished eating something she thought yummy and asked, "Ama, is it okay to lick the plate?"   I told her that it was ok to lick her plate at Ama's house, and maybe at her own, but never at a friend's house or a restaurant.    Thinking this cute of her, I told her mother, who was silent for several very long seconds before  bellowing, "NOooooo,   It is NEVER okay to lick your plate.   EVER.   ANYPLACE!"      Lost my cred with that one.

That's why god invented bread. And dogs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

That's why god invented bread. And dogs.

Much as I love my pug Lucy, she ain't getting the remains of the runny yolk. She does love eggs, though; periodically I'll boil her one for a treat.

• Haha 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

5 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Aebleskivers

Can you share the recipe? Please?

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

5 hours ago, Anna N said:

Can you share the recipe? Please?

Gladly.     Aebleskiver recipe    

Unless you are feeding a crowd, a half recipe is enough for, say, four people.

Important issues:  Be sure cups are buttered each bake as indicated in the recipe.    Do not fill cups more that half way.    Same if you add a filling, like jam,.   A teaspoon is enough.

eGullet member #80.

7 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Gladly.     Aebleskiver recipe    

Unless you are feeding a crowd, a half recipe is enough for, say, four people.

Important issues:  Be sure cups are buttered each bake as indicated in the recipe.    Do not fill cups more that half way.    Same if you add a filling, like jam,.   A teaspoon is enough.

Thank you. I hope to try these in a takoyaki pan.  Might be a few days before I actually get around to it. 

• Like 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

C4A67D7F-F7CF-434F-9BF3-A9C040280BE5.thumb.jpeg.f10af7aa33dfe900606a8acac8e7bffd.jpeg

Garlic naan with crumbled blue cheese, grated cheddar cheese and lots and lots of pepper. 

• Like 6

My 2004 eG Blog

Not at all my usual breakfast.

This is sold as 蜂蜜柚子茶 (fēng mì yòu zi chá), which means "honey pomelo tea".

344448655_PomeloTea.thumb.jpg.7968c5a3968e2e52abcdaf8f46e2f1d0.jpg

Basically, it's pomelo marmalade. Now, marmalade on toast isn't in any way Chinese, so instead, they mix a spoonful or so with hot water to make a drink.

984045768_PomeloTea2.thumb.jpg.0a69c078cd4ae84e127743ee40c38ce4.jpg

But I know better.

2067584696_20191016_1030281.thumb.jpg.d26a7fd83910ba9729ced6e676515a73.jpg

Pomelo marmalade on toast.  (Yes, the bread has been lightly toasted.) Served with industrial strength black coffee.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Slightly modified Lombarda pizza from Mastering Pizza

IMG_1430.thumb.jpeg.5732188acd973c7f02dae535da50164f.jpeg

Pizza sauce, hot Italian sausage, fresh mozzarella, egg & fresh thyme.  I subbed some grated Parm for the Bitto cheese specified and made it in a smaller size. 

The crust is a bit overdone but the egg is perfect!

• Like 4
  • Delicious 2