• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2019

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Don’t know what possessed me to think I could eat a big breakfast this morning. I was haunted by the half tomato that I didn’t use last night so decided that I would have a fry up.   I managed to eat it all but one sausage and it will find its way into something in the next day or two.

13B6D472-F2EF-4E3B-8CAB-7BB5F4FC504C.thumb.jpeg.83ff69e46ede22fef34ff156d7e384fc.jpeg

That is one perfect and gorgeous egg, my friend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8EEFBEF0-83BA-47A5-A637-B26F85623B57.thumb.jpeg.bbdc7325f5db07403fe9891f377adbb8.jpeg

Life is good.

• Like 10
  • Delicious 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

4 hours ago, shain said:

Black beans cooked a-la ful medames - onion, garlic, lemon, cumin.

Labaneh, olive oil, tomatoes, pita.

Cannot do the black beans but the rest looks delightful and I thought your pita was a mushroom cap.😂

• Haha 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Turophiles ( I had to look it up) will probably be horrified. I had some Ossau-Iraty  that was beginning to dry out and rather than waste it I melted it onto a toasted English muffin.

CA080574-C656-4877-A2B6-04F3DB063244.thumb.jpeg.4b83ac8cf71a5ea1720bd06715bb4eb0.jpeg

And luxurious it was.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My 2004 eG Blog

25 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Turophiles ( I had to look it up) will probably be horrified. I had some Ossau-Iraty  that was beginning to dry out and rather than waste it I melted it onto a toasted English muffin.

And luxurious it was.

I had to look up both turophile and Ossau-Iraty so I've been doubly edified.  Also not horrified, only jealous!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This morning, I went for a longer than usual walk during which my Fitbit recorded 104 flights of stairs so I felt I deserved a big breakfast or maybe it's brunch. 

IMG_1290.thumb.jpg.3155b32ddb3ad3750ba541cc79aad2f3.jpg

Crispy cornmeal & scallion waffle, leftover corn salad, soft boiled egg, sausage patty.   Lunch surely won't be necessary.

• Like 5
  • Delicious 2

D0D75413-E253-4A1D-8FDA-3BE104138E47.thumb.jpeg.17d3e33bc26dbffab8d7a8d0182f9d6f.jpeg

The last of my pork chop well seasoned with Timur pepper and served on toasted rye bread.  One pork chop = three meals. 

• Like 6
  • Delicious 1

My 2004 eG Blog

1 hour ago, blue_dolphin said:

Half a monstrous Kouign Amann 

Member @Alleguedemakes the best. I see he took some down with him to Las Vegas to share with Chocdoc.  I am so jealous.

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog

291EC41B-2B8E-40F7-A848-B552DA74007A.thumb.jpeg.eddbc53914b2ea45342a0277f35220a4.jpeg

Mushroom-cheese melt on toasted English muffin.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 2

My 2004 eG Blog

While making chicken with carrots and tarragon for dinner the other night I had two chicken breasts left over.  I roasted them and made a chicken salad with chopped green onion, dried cranberries, chopped pecans and apple.  Perfect for breakfast.

• Like 3

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

BFCD6859-71A6-422C-8CB9-EA6BBD062560.thumb.jpeg.c038734c1537f55ceafafb404257ffd1.jpeg

Mushroom omelet with a spoonful of salsa. 

• Like 5
  • Delicious 1

My 2004 eG Blog

87585616-D3B0-44AC-8726-2052147A1577.thumb.jpeg.2f302bb4f28908a4e7f1eac692ad356b.jpeg

Did I ever mention how much I despise overcrowded plates? Nobody to blame but me. Fried kielbasa, egg, hot chutney and toast.

• Like 5
  • Delicious 1
  • Haha 1

My 2004 eG Blog

3F318196-4AE5-4C70-A9FB-7BCF6D9A8CB3.thumb.jpeg.33c8ef23c27a2e5dc9920d3328570d73.jpeg

I knew I wanted something uber savoury for breakfast. I had some wood-oven smoked salami chips, some Seriously Sharp cheddar and eggs.  But I also wanted an onigirazu.  The more I thought this through the more I wondered if it was crazy talk. Maybe those mushrooms I’ve been eating are not what they purport to be!  So here you have fusion cuisine. An Italian frittata? A French omelette? A Spanish tortilla (must this includes  potatoes?)?  sandwiched between rice patties and wrapped in nori.  Mission accomplished.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My 2004 eG Blog