• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2019

liuzhou

More late Passover cooking.

Matzo brie, Charoset (Moroccan style - dates, walnuts, raisins, a hint of cinnamon, cardamom and rose water). Fromage blanc.

IMG_20190422_132320.jpg

IMG_20190422_132813.jpg

• Like 7

~ Shai N.

@Ann_T - your tuna salad looks so good.  Care to share the ingredients?

Breakfast this morning was a homemade Egg McMuffin:

DSCN9568.JPG.861e92aeb05ffe00c6de35623a5b3cf7.JPG

A lot messier than McD’s, but infinitely tastier.  I’ve had a set of graduated rings (like cooky cutters) for at least 10 years – never used – and it just today occurred to me to use one to cook a perfectly round egg:

DSCN9567.JPG.62cca405f392a12a070678481b434115.JPG

🙄

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

The eggs look like they were cooked sunnyside up but with a little water added to the pan and then covered until the yolk is cooked.  ??

Not sure of the actual method, but they were perfect! Firm white and runny yolks!

I routinely do eggs w a TB of water and cover until just set

easy and no risk of Yolk-damage

I think those above might be over-easy , as the yolks w the water method don't have the ' pan-pigments ' you see on those eggs

but I haven't made them w the steam method in a while

both methods are tasty , esp if you eat the yolks whole as I do after a white Trimming.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Okanagancook said:

Next time you are cooking eggs, try about a tablespoon or two in the pan after the eggs are halfway done...stick a cover on them.,,,I hate under done whites.

Works well for melting cheese on a burger too

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

I'm working today so I made Moe a big breakfast. Should keep him going most of the day.

727952206_SteakEggsBreakfastMay9th2019.thumb.jpg.09c125397c4d2ccb86970c3bdacefbde.jpg

Grilled a small NY strip, to go with buttered basted eggs and roasted potatoes done in the CSO.

1142284984_SteakEggsBreakfastMay9th20191.thumb.jpg.43ae7b48ca4da3fc655f811e6ab1057f.jpg

Always happy when I don't over grill a skinny steak.

I will never show Moe's breakfasts to Mr. Kim.  

This morning was another homemade McMuffin - except with omelet-like egg this time:

DSCN9575.JPG.2c63a696427767a3ee5e59aef95f1780.JPG

• Like 7

Our women's group at church visited the Mennonite-owned Yoder's Market in Madison VA on Friday.  They have a fantastic selection of things - mostly food and food related.  Among other things, I got some sweet potato biscuits.  Had a couple for breakfast this morning with Father's bacon:

DSCN9579.JPG.ad9d157a12ebc1028acdc5ce090b292b.JPG

Outstanding.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Okanagancook said:

I'm glad I just ate my crapy breakfast because I wouldn't want anything except those gorgeous looking biscuits.😫

Me too. I like yogurt and fruit for breakfast...provided I don't look at this topic! I have serious biscuit envy right now.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Sigh. The doctor has me doing without gluten for two weeks to see if that's what's upsetting my stomach. Reading this thread is torture.

• Sad 5

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com