• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2019

liuzhou

It isn't my normal choice of breakfast, but I'm being advised by the charlatans in the medical profession that I ought to up my calcium and potassium intake. I'll go back to a full English tomorrow.

I did enjoy it, though.

Edited by liuzhou (log)

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

D923DB17-367B-4DBB-9EC5-98B775DCB40B.thumb.jpeg.ae70842b4cadcac1e360b1703d2c3387.jpeg

Kielbasa and egg onigirazu. 

• Like 6

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

7 hours ago, liuzhou said:

It isn't my normal choice of breakfast, but I'm being advised by the charlatans in the medical profession that I ought to up my calcium and potassium intake. I'll go back to a full English tomorrow.

I did enjoy it, though.

I am a medical charlatan and I advise you as well to keep up the good yogurt! JK, as long as you exercise, but I gotta say that I eat that as dessert every other day and I really enjoy it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Unsweetened home made buffalo milk yoghurt with banana.

banana.thumb.jpg.f8c3060d7a9dc79119674777bf8f4deb.jpg

Love the bowl. I've never had buffalo milk yogurt, but I like yogurt in general. Bananas are NOT NOT NOT food!

• Like 1

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

Sun's up and shining on my sausage, egg & cheese on a roll

IMG_0054.thumb.jpg.14752b1fb66be38347651324ddfb6830.jpg

Edited to add that the sausage is the Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage from Kenji's The Food Lab I portioned the sausage out into thin, 2 oz patties, just the right size for a breakfast sandwich and they cook up pretty quickly, right from the freezer

I'd gladly trade this for some of @Ann_T's beautiful toast!

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Like 13

10 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

A couple of recent breakfasts - toast with ham and scrambled eggs:

toast with Stouffer's creamed chipped beef:

DSCN9101.JPG.b7daa18624b3c87d9954b7d05b345c77.JPG

Oh yeah!!!  That's exactly what I'm going to have for breakfast this morning!

• Like 3

SOS. I love it. Mama used to get little glass jars of dried beef, and she'd make white sauce, shred the beef and stir it in. We would eat it over toast or over mashed potatoes.

• Like 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

breakfast:

1211204250_HBES.thumb.jpg.7ab34e1160cf781bfaaa2548cadf9a00.jpg

two Tj's HB's  CSO'd until crispy

soft scrambled eggs

and Jones [ prepare your self ] MicroWaved swausage

[ much gasping here and there ]

very nice.   I should have kept the HB's a little longer in the CSO for a bit more crispiness

and J's Micro'dS are not bad at all if you get the timing just right.  a few to many seconds ?  cardboard nails

the HB's take a bit too long for breakfast , but will have their place later in the day.

I have not yet evolved to cooking with M.R. early in the day.

but its a thought !

• Like 7

My son the vegetarian (not sure how that happened) cooks a lot of beans in the Breville PC.

He loves the Greek Style Gigante Lima beans from Fig, a Mediterranean store in Victoria.  We were there the other

day and picked up a few things including a bag of jumbo dried Lima Beans.

This morning he made Greek Gigante beans in Tomato oregano dill sauce.   

2099093766_GreekGiganteBeansinTomatoOreganoDillsauceJanuary28th20191.thumb.jpg.ebe12da205cc6e709d9e6cda7aaf488a.jpg

Moe had a bowl with toast for breakfast.

• Like 9
  • Delicious 2

On 1/22/2019 at 11:47 AM, Kim Shook said:

@Anna N185 - a question about all of your lovely wrapped up things that you are doing lately.  Do they stay hot in the time it takes to wrap them? (You are perhaps more deft than I, but I know it would take a few minutes for me).  Or do you heat them after wrapping?

We had out of town company for the weekend.  Breakfast on Saturday was Sunday Morning Casserole:

186DSCN9090.JPG.6f2befca81598d6ca25b90c38c6463dc.JPG

Egg, bread, sausage, cheese and sliced red skinned potatoes.  I love something I can put together the night before.  This one is especially nice with the potatoes.

That looks fantastic, would you mind sharing the recipe?

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

@blue_dolphin

if those

TJ's Thai shrimp gyoza 

are what I think they are

they are delicious. 

I hesitate to mention this , as TJ's keeps track of what I like

and deletes some of my favorites.

I just Micro them , w some sort of dipping sauce

usually  soy / chili oil / greater ginger from Fz / garlic +/- / green pinion  2 drops of RB40

now Ill have to try them w a crusty Bottom !

thanks for the inspiration 

• Like 1

@rotuts, this was my first time trying them and I was quite pleased.  I was going to pick up a bag of the pork pot sticker dumplings and decided to treat myself to these instead. 

I followed the stove top instructions:  4 min in a pan with a little oil, then add water and steam 4 more min.  

I made a dipping sauce from Laoganma Spicy Chili Crisp, soy sauce and a little Chinkiang vinegar.  Yum!

• Like 1