• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to fix photo

@Duvel, that spread looks amazing!  I'd be most pleased with a birthday feast like that....if I can skip the crown featuring my advanced age!

This morning, I followed @Anna N's lead and made the Fatoot Samneh that she posted about here the other day.  

197960677_IMG_1629(1).thumb.jpeg.31cde84c1d195d619e363876ad1775a6.jpeg

It might not look like much but it's exceedingly delicious.  I had some nice homemade, whole grain pita bread but I think any sort of pita would become crispy and delicious when fried in a generous amount of ghee.  Definitely a more than the sum of its parts dish. 

I had my doubts about the suggested topping of honey but I added a drizzle of Mike's Hot Honey to a corner of my plate and called that bite my dessert.  Not bad.  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@Duvel, that spread looks amazing!  I'd be most pleased with a birthday feast like that....if I can skip the crown featuring my advanced age!

This morning, I followed @Anna N's lead and made the Fatoot Samneh that she posted about here the other day.  

IMG_1629.thumb.jpeg.73da024c43a45748fdcb25fd6f109977.jpeg

It might not look like much but it's exceedingly delicious.  I had some nice homemade, whole grain pita bread but I think any sort of pita would become crispy and delicious when fried in a generous amount of ghee.  Definitely a more than the sum of its parts dish. 

I had my doubts about the suggested topping of honey but I added a drizzle of Mike's Hot Honey to a corner of my plate and called that bite my dessert.  Not bad.