• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

Moe's Breakfast.

As I have mentioned on more than one occasion, I don't care for salads.

And I'm not really much on breakfast either.

So morning is always a good time to make something that I know that Moe will like and I don't have to eat.

This morning I grilled him Italian sausage and made a salad. 
Tore apart one of my baguettes and toasted the croutons in the oven with butter and olive oil and tossed in a couple of cracked garlic cloves. 

Thanks to @David Ross, for the idea of just tearing apart the bread.  Usually I cut it into cubes. 

1861703774_ItalianSausageandSaladJune11th2019.thumb.jpg.2a10900d98980b731954087060d6ce41.jpg

Salad was arugula , roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, white onion and feta cheese.

Dressing was a simple vinaigrette with olive oil, garlic,  Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and dried basil. Finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.

Ann_T

Ann_T

Moe's Breakfast.

As I have mentioned on more than one occasion, I don't care for salads.

And I'm not really much on breakfast either.

So morning is always a good time to make something that I know that Moe will like and I don't have to eat.

This morning I grilled him Italian sausage and made a salad. 
Tore apart one of my baguettes and toasted the croutons in the oven with butter and olive oil and tossed in a couple of cracked garlic cloves. 

Thanks to @David Ross, for the idea of just tearing apart the bread.  Usually I cut it into cubes. 

1861703774_ItalianSausageandSaladJune11th2019.thumb.jpg.2a10900d98980b731954087060d6ce41.jpg

Salad was arugula , roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, white onion and feta cheese.

Dressing was a simple vinaigrette with olive oil, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and dried basil. Finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.