• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I have held back from commenting here, because I just don't understand what is happening.

After 23 years years living in a country that perhaps knows a thing or two about woks and stir frying, I've never seen a stainless steel example. Perhaps, for good reason.

They have stainless steel, but not for woks.

And "I'm having a stir-fry for dinner" makes as much sense in Chinese as "I'm having a cooking for dinner".

liuzhou

liuzhou

I have held back from commenting here, because I just don't understand what is happening.

After 23 years years living in a country that perhaps knows a thing of two about woks and stir frying, I've never seen a stainless steel example. Perhaps, for good reason.

They have stainless steel, but not for woks.

And "I'm having a stir-fry for dinner" makes as much sense in Chinese as "I'm having a cooking for dinner".