• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Did an innagural stir fry in the pan. The sides of the pan heated up really nicely—better than I expected. However, the Control Freak had a difficult time maintaining the temperature (I’m thinking something to do with the large amount of metal in the pan, but just small portion that makes contact with the induction element?). I also encountered the sticking issue that I expected; however, once the first layer of fond built up, it essentially created a seasoning for additional ingredients (got blacker than I would have liked however). 

The stir fry was delicious, especially because of how hot it was out of the pan (I try and limit the heat with nonstick due to fumes). Lots of blistering on the bell pepper. Not sure if it was that much better than nonstick though to warrant the hassle. 

I was was thinking this pan might good for spaghettti and sauce; however, it’s a pain to store. Still on the face whether or not to keep it. 

4E21779B-01BD-4737-8661-3C31ED3E2E57.jpeg

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Did an innagural stir fry in the pan. The sides of the pan heated up really nicely—better than I expected. However, the Control Freak had a difficult time maintaining the temperature (I’m thinking something to do with the large amount of metal in the pan, but just small portion that makes contact with the induction element?). I also encountered the sticking issue that I expected; however, once the first layer of fond built up, it essentially created a seasoning for additional ingredients (got blacker than I would have liked however). 

The stir fry was delicious, especially because of how hot it was out of the pan (I try and limit the heat with nonstick due to fumes). Lots of blistering on the bell pepper. Not sure if it was that much better than nonstick though to warrant the hassle. 

I was was thinking this pan might good for spaghettti and sauce( however, it’s a pain to store. Still on the face whether or not to keep it. 

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Did an innagural stir fry in the pan. The sides of the pan heated up really nicely—better than I expected. However, the Control Freak had a difficult time maintaining the temperature (I’m thinking something to do with the large amount of metal in the pan but just small portion that makes contact with the induction element?). I also encountered the sticking issue that I expected; however, once the first layer of fond built up, it essentially created a seasoning for additional ingredients (got blacker than I would have liked however). 

I was was thinking this pan might good for spaghettti and sauce( however, it’s a pain to store. Still on the face whether or not to keep it. 

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Did an innagural stir fry in the pan. The sides of the pan heated up really nicely, better than expected. However, the Control Freak had a difficult time maintaining the temperature (I’m thinking something to do with the large amount of metal in the pan but just small portion that makes contact with the induction element?). I also encountered the sticking issue that I expected; however, once the first layer of fond built up, it essentially created a seasoning for additional ingredients (got blacker than I would have liked however). 

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Did an innagural stir fry in the pan. The sides of the pan heated up really nicely, better than expected. However, the Control Freak had a difficult time maintaining the temperature (I’m thinking something to do with the large amount of metal in the pan but just small portion that makes contact with the induction element?). I also encountered the sticking issue that I expected. However once the first layer of fond built up, it essentially created a seasoning for additional ingredients (got blacker than I would have liked however). 

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Did an innagural stir fry in the pan. The sides of the pan heated up really nicely, better than expected. However, the Control Freak had a difficult time maintaining the temperature (I’m thinking something to do with the large amount of metal in the pan but just small portion that makes contact with the induction element?). I also encountered the sticking issue that I expected. However once the first layer of done built up, it essentially created a seasoning for additional ingredients (got blacker than I would have liked however). 

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Did an innagural stir fry in the pan. The sides of the pan heated up really nicely, better than expected. However, the Control Freak had a difficult time maintaining the temperature (in thinking something to do with the large amount of metal in the pan but just small portion that makes contact with the induction element?). I also encountered the sticking issue that I expected. However once the first layer of done built up, it essentially created a seasoning for additional ingredients (got blacker than I would have liked however).