• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ChocoMom

ChocoMom

Abigail and the chickens have been fighting over scraps since Christmas. I toss it out the back door, and whoever's close by gets dibs.  But, the second Abby starts sniffing around, the chickens run. (She doesn't hurt them, but they're still scared.)  Ethel, on the other hand, will go neck in neck with Abby when it comes to food scraps. She's more bold, not to mention old and cranky.  

Since its been quite frigid out the last few days, Abby has been snuggling on her new blankie downstairs on the heated floor in the mudroom. I did toss her down a few lean scraps from the rib roast...and she's not complaining.  Its been a feast for all the animals, except Cooties. She's petrified of humans under 3 feet tall, so, she stayed hidden for the past 5 days.  The last of that crew just left a little while ago, so she'll be happy with some milk leftover from the little human's sippy cups.

ChocoMom

ChocoMom

Abigail and the chickens have been fighting over scraps since Christmas. I toss it out the back door, and whoever's closely gets dibs.  But, the second Abby starts sniffing around, the chickens run. (She doesn't hurt them, but they're still scared.)  Ethel, on the other hand, will go neck in neck with Abby when it comes to food scraps. She's more bold, not to mention old and cranky.  

Since its been quite frigid out the last few days, Abby has been snuggling on her new blankie downstairs on the heated floor in the mudroom. I did toss her down a few lean scraps from the rib roast...and she's not complaining.  Its been a feast for all the animals, except Cooties. She's petrified of humans under 3 feet tall, so, she stayed hidden for the past 5 days.  The last of that crew just left a little while ago, so she'll be happy with some milk leftover from the little human's sippy cups.