• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Topless Kisses...Oh, No!

Toliver

"Hershey's Kisses are suffering from widespread broken tips, and people are furious"

Something is amiss with Hershey's Kisses this holiday season.

People are taking to social media to complain that they discovered after unwrapping their holiday-themed Hershey's Kisses that the tops of the candies had already been broken off...
The response was overwhelming. While not all tips were broken, dozens of people commented in the group, saying that they had encountered similar issues with their Hershey's Kisses - especially those wrapped in holiday packaging - in recent days.

There are photos in the article clearly revealing the topless kisses.

Has anyone else noticed this issue with their kisses?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I haven't had one in over a decade. However, I do think this is a great example of how consumers really do care about details. I have worked for people who let shoddy food go out to customers because it was 'good enough' and then wondered why few customers returned. Sure, mistakes happen, but, IMO we should be striving to do our best every time.

• Like 5