• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Decided to start an indoor herb garden, and bought a “Click and Grow” based on the recommendation of Cook’s Illustrated. The starter kit

comes with 3 basil pods, 3 romaine lettuce pods, and 3 tomato pods. Planted all three, and came home today (day 3) and saw that all the lettuce and basil pods have sprouted. The image is of the tallest plant so far—Romaine lettuce.  The tomatoes are taking the longest but I think I see a bit of green buried in the soil. 

Anyone else have have one of these? I think I’ll just stick with herbs moving forward as I’m too impatient for lettuce, and from what I can see online the fruit bearing plants yield little. Tomatoes are super tiny; much tinier than cherry tomatoes. 

BCD2769A-8272-4CED-BC3C-D2EC1B0B3493.jpeg

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Decided to start an indoor herb garden, and bought a “Click and Grow” based on the recommendation of Cook’s Illustrated. The starter kit

comes with 3 basil pods, 3 romaine lettuce pods, and 3 tomato pods. Planted all three, and came home today (day 3) and saw that all the lettuce and basil pods have sprouted. The image is of the tallest plant so far—Romaine lettuce.  The tomatoes are taking the longest but I think I see a bit of green buried in the soil. 

Anyone else have have one of these? I think I’ll just stick with herbs moving forward as I’m too impatient for lettuce, and from what I can see online the fruit bearing plants yield little. Tomatoes are super tiny; much tinier than cherry tomatoes.