• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caramel and chocolate sauces recipes

ElsieD

I would like to make gift jars for family members of chocolate sauce and caramel sauce.  I was unable to find anything in eGullettRecipes.  Does anyway have a recipe they would care to share or can link me to one?  I'd like recipes that people have made and are comfortable with.  Many thanks.

David Lebovitz, The Perfect Scoop, p.170, Creamy Caramel Sauce.  The only one Ed will accept on his homemade ice cream.

And Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce.  Don't have a written recipe for it...simply know how to make it.  150 gm chocolate; 100 gm coconut oil.  Melted and mixed.  Add a dash of salt.  That's it.  It solidifies depending upon room temperature.  So in the winter, it stores solid and I heat it a bit in the microwave before serving.  Kids and "youthful" (gave up trying to find a suitable adjective) men like it.   Oops.  Does not need refrigeration. 

Edited by Darienne (log)
  • Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

52 minutes ago, Darienne said:

David Lebovitz, The Perfect Scoop, p.170, Creamy Caramel Sauce.  The only one Ed will accept on his homemade ice cream.

And Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce.  Don't have a written recipe for it...simply know how to make it.  150 gm chocolate; 100 gm coconut oil.  Melted and mixed.  Add a dash of salt.  That's it.  It solidifies depending upon room temperature.  So in the winter, it stores solid and I heat it a bit in the microwave before serving.  Kids and "youthful" (gave up trying to find a suitable adjective) men like it.   Oops.  Does not need refrigeration. 

Is this the same recipe?

https://cooklikeachampion.com/2011/03/creamy-caramel-sauce/

• Like 1