• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

wrapping caramels

cookingofjoy

My parents have always made the caramels (traditional and chocolate) for the holidays. They'd dip some in chocolate and then wraps some. This year they both have trouble with their hands, so I'm taking on the caramels. They'd always cut waxed paper squares to wrap, but I have little patience for cutting the papers. Do you think I could use the squares like this? They seem a little large, but I always would cut the papers too small when I tried in the past.

https://www.amazon.com/Restaurant-Grade-Hamburger-Avant-Non-Stick-Food-Grade/dp/B07JLRVRTS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1544817134&sr=8-2&keywords=waxed+paper+wrap+for+caramels

What does everyone use for wrapping their caramels?

Your needs may be different then mine, but personally I use cellophane wraps, they just have been consistent and I have never had any problems unwrapping candy after storage. I have had those problems with wax papers, at least early on. I remember I had taffies that would only unwrap cleanly for about 1 week, then after that they would stick and tear the paper, a massive pain and waste. After trying different wraps, cello is just what I stuck with. As for the paper you linked, its difficult to tell without feeling it or just giving it a trial run, you may be on to something, but from experience, if its labeled as being for separators for burger patties, I'd use them for that purpose.