• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi from Leanne in the UK

leanne82duke

Hi all. Thanks for the add. I'm a very keen cook and baker. 

I've been exploring my options for my future recently. I'm in the position of hating my job and suffering very poor health. 

So in my quest to improve my future I want to explore my career options, I love everything food so it felt like the obvious direction for me to explore. 

So thanks for reading my rambling and I hope to hear from you if you have any advice xx

Hello, Leanne, and welcome to eGullet! You'll find there are a lot of culinary professionals here: starting, active or retired; front or back of house; pastry chefs and restaurateurs and writers. And then there are happy amateurs like me. :wink: As you look around the forums I'm sure you'll find topics where people have already asked and been given advice. In general, those sorts of topics are most successful when people ask specific questions. If you have any questions about how to use these forums, or where to post, feel free to ask a host privately by PM or the general membership in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum.

Meanwhile: what do you especially like to cook and bake? Do you cook only for yourself, or do you have other mouths to feed?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown