• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added picture

Here is my test biscuit.  31.5 gm dry mixture, 21 gm grated 2 year old Balderson cheese, 36 gm whipping cream.  The cheese was white so doesn't show in the picture.  I see the point about a dryer cheese, will check my other cheeses for moisture content.  This biscuit needed to be a bit more dry.  That didn't stop me from inhaling it.  I plan on making up two more batches, one as per the recipe when only biscuits with jam will do and another with reduced sugar for when I want the cheese ones.  Thank you.

20181207_132721.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Here is my test biscuit.  31.5 gm dry mixture, 21 gm grated 2 year old Balderson cheese, 36 gm whipping cream.  I see the point about a dryer cheese, will check my other cheeses for moisture content.  This biscuit needed to be a bit more dry.  That didn't stop me from inhaling it.  I plan on making up two more batches, one as per the recipe when only biscuits with jam will do and another with reduced sugar for when I want the cheese ones.  Thank you.