• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

I love all cheese. 

But extra sharp cheddar, parmagiano reggiano,  and mozzarella , to a lesser degree , are irreplaceable . 

If if it weren’t for pizza I could live a somewhat happy life without mozzarella. There are places like St Louis and Scranton who put cheddarish stuff on pizza. But they will have to answer for this one day. 

Aged gouda and gruyere are valuable too.  But not in the pantheon of cheese. 

And crappy American cheese is great on a burger and has enough citrate in it to make Mac and cheese not separate as it cools. . 

gfweb

gfweb

I love all cheese. 

But extra sharp cheddar, parmagiano reggiano,  and mozzarella , to a lesser degree , are irreplaceable . 

If if it weren’t for pizza I could live a somewhat happy life without mozzarella. There are places like St Louis and Scranton who put cheddarish stuff on pizza. But they will have to answer for this one day. 

Aged gouda and gruyer are valuable too.  But not in the pantheon of cheese. 

And crappy American cheese is great on a burger and has enough citrate in it to make Mac and cheese not separate as it cools. .