• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dark Chocolate Pots de Creme - can they be

pastryani

Turned into dark chocolate ice cream??  I made some for turkey day but made too many.  They are super rich, and contain cream, milk, eggs...so they’re kind of like an anglaise but baked instead of cooked... just wondering if they can be churned successfully?

59 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

I think so.  You might need to thin it down with milk or add a bit of sugar, but might as well experiment.

Hmm good point about thinning it down, thx!  I’d hate to have to add more sugar since ice creams are usually too sweet for me.  

Put a stick in 'em, toss 'em in the freezer and have homemade pudding pops. :D 

I agree with pastrygirl, thin with milk and give 'em a spin. Should be fine straight out of the machine, might get a bit hard and/or icy in the freezer depending on the sugar/solids level in your PdC.

• Like 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.