• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Molded Bonbon Shine Tips

BVWells

I've seen so much beautiful molded chocolate work here I decided to come to the experts. I'm still trying to get consistent shine on my molded chocolates (not using colored cocoa butter yet). I typically get a few really good ones, most have some spots with really good shine and some ok shine, and then maybe I have 1 dud (air bubble or some kind of blemish). I'm just wondering, what would you all say are the top 3 tips to getting that consistent super shine?

• 1 month later...

I polish my molds with cotton makeup remover pads and some isopropyl alcohol. Tap your molds when filled to release air bubbles.  Be aggressive banging is ok.  Make sure your chocolate is tempered accurately.   Try some colored cocoa butter.   Have fun and enjoy.  All mistakes taste great.  I dabble at home.  

0AB3C5D5-79A9-40B5-9679-2A7C49040E4F.jpeg

• Like 1