• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I can't imagine there being something readily available that would be heavy enough, large enough, and food-safe—yet printable with a standard printer for use as a 'Chinese' takeout box.

I think that it would have to be at least A3 size for any sort of a usable box—that's 11.7 x 16.5 inches (297 x 420 mm.)

What you need is a simple screen printing set-up to print on pre-made boxes.

A set-up for box printing should be very inexpensive, especially if you're only printing in one color.

Multi-colors would complicate things, but, it is, of course, very doable. 

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I can't imagine there being something readily available that would be both heavy enough and large enough for a box—even a Chinese takeout box—yet printable with a standard printer.

I think that it would have to be at least A3 size for any sort of a usable box—that's 11.7 x 16.5 inches (297 x 420 mm.)

What you need is a simple screen printing set-up to print on pre-made boxes.

A set-up for box printing should be very inexpensive, especially if you're only printing in one color.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I can't imagine there being something readily available that would be both heavy enough and large enough for a box—even a Chinese takeout box—yet printable with a standard printer.

What you need is a simple screen printing set-up and printing on pre-made boxes.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

What you need is a simple screen printing set-up.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I think that it would have to be at least A3 size, for any sort of a usable box—that's 11.7 x 16.5 inches (297 x 420 mm.)

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I can't imagine there being something available that would be both heavy enough for a box—even a Chinese takeout box—yet printable with a standard printer.