Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free¬†account.

kitchen_muse

Newbie in the kitchen

Recommended Posts

Hi! My name is Diana.
Wanted to say thank you¬†for letting me join and learn from you¬†ūüėÉ
I've been stalking around for a while, and finally decided to sign up. Not a professional (at all), more like an amateur, but I found your forum quite interesting. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome @kitchen_muse! It's always nice to see lurkers come forward from the shadows. What sort of cookery do you like to do? Do you cook for yourself alone, or for others also? Or are you an eater but not a cooker? :wink:

 

Since you've been lurking, you probably already have a good idea where to find - or post - things. If not, feel free to contact a host (I am one). Come on in and join the fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 9:24 PM, Smithy said:

Welcome @kitchen_muse! It's always nice to see lurkers come forward from the shadows. What sort of cookery do you like to do? Do you cook for yourself alone, or for others also? Or are you an eater but not a cooker? :wink:

 

Since you've been lurking, you probably already have a good idea where to find - or post - things. If not, feel free to contact a host (I am one). Come on in and join the fun!

Thanks for your warm welcoming, Smithy and Kim! 
I like to work with meat (I'm a carnivore at heart). Another passion of mine is baking, but I'm afraid that I haven't inherited my mother's talent.
And mostly I cook alone. It might be sad, though I'm pretty happy that the kitchen is all mine and I can do whatever I want (following instructions, of course!). Yes, I'm an eater but isn't it a good reason to start cooking? ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kitchen_muse said:

Thanks for your warm welcoming, Smithy and Kim! 
I like to work with meat (I'm a carnivore at heart). Another passion of mine is baking, but I'm afraid that I haven't inherited my mother's talent.
And mostly I cook alone. It might be sad, though I'm pretty happy that the kitchen is all mine and I can do whatever I want (following instructions, of course!). Yes, I'm an eater but isn't it a good reason to start cooking? ;)

 

Here I cook and dine alone.  You can always share your success and failure on eGullet, and find good company.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kitchen_muse said:

Thanks for your warm welcoming, Smithy and Kim! 
I like to work with meat (I'm a carnivore at heart). Another passion of mine is baking, but I'm afraid that I haven't inherited my mother's talent.
And mostly I cook alone. It might be sad, though I'm pretty happy that the kitchen is all mine and I can do whatever I want (following instructions, of course!). Yes, I'm an eater but isn't it a good reason to start cooking? ;)

 

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

 

Here I cook and dine alone.  You can always share your success and failure on eGullet, and find good company.

 

 

My domestic streak - most pronounced in cookery - developed when I was living alone. No need for sadness or apologies!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

√ó