• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Perfect Cookie for a Cozy Weekend

Scones&Rain

Hello All,

Today is my last day of work before a week of Thanksgiving Break, and I am creating a wish list of everything I plan to bake this week to get into the festive spirit. For me, Thanksgiving and the end of the year in general evokes feelings of hygge, coziness, and comfort foods, and so I want to bake things that taste scrumptious and go perfectly with a snuggly sweater, fuzzy socks, a cup of coffee, and a juicy book. As a homebody, I'll be baking for me, myself, and I, so small portions too. I've been doing some research for some recipes and came across this one that was so charming that I wanted to share it. I'll be baking it this weekend, so I'll create another post with pictures and a taste review as well :)

This recipe is from Food52, and is a single-serving chocolate and peanut butter cookie (how could you go wrong?). I thought this was so cute because the serving size is literally 1 cookie. Here's thelink: https://food52.com/recipes/77260-single-serving-chocolate-and-peanut-butter-cookie

I'll post again once I have made it!

You'll be baking it?

It's just some peanut butter with some instant oats and sugar stirred in. Then the mix is frozen, you pour some melted chocolate chips on top, and then salt it. As far as I can see, there's no baking involved. And, the recipe uses inaccurate measurement, they are using volume measures for dry goods.

I'm also not seeing how a frozen confection would be desirable in cold weather. IMO, if you're wearing bulky sweaters and woolen socks frozen foods are probably the last thing on your mind.

Personally, I'd go with warm amaretti right out of the oven. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.