• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snow White's Poisoned Apple Cider

Scones&Rain

IMG_2558.thumb.jpg.a4cd3b77a5a38b961346cd0412fd898e.jpgIMG_2568.thumb.jpg.43e7d687391ca365f64b92bd1a874fcb.jpgpac.thumb.jpg.667d42b44caa73825803d77bf41ab5ad.jpg

I found this recipe on a baking blog and just knew I had to try it!  It's as magical as it sounds.

Recipe: Apples, Apple Cider, Rum, and Cinnamon sticks.

I added my own twist by coating the bottom of the hollowed apples with caramel (I added a pinch of salt to the caramel because I just love salted caramel).  I poured the steaming spiked cider into the apples and enjoyed with a butter cookie, fuzzy socks, and Dickens.  

Any magical recipes you've tried?

• Like 8

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, Kim Shook said:

I see it.  It's the presentation, isn't it?

Exactly. I'd like to think nobody thought it was going to pull a rabbit out of it's hat or something like that... it's the fun of playing on the poison apple theme.

Edited because my early morning post sounded nastier than intended...

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)
  • Like 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.