• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fast Casual expansion

BeeZee

as the Chipotle thread looked like it was starting to veer to "non-Mex" discussion, I thought I'd open up a new thread.

There have been a bunch of quick serve/fast casual chains (of varying sizes) opening near my home an office.

There is a local burrito chain Bubbakoo's, which started in NJ in 2008; it seems to be a "design your own burrito/bowl/taco salad, etc." Haven't been yet, just opened about a month ago near my house.

The Simple Greek is (as the name alludes to) Greek style, start with a bowl or pita, add your protein, etc. Haven't been there yet, but I do go to Zoe's, which has a lot of vegetarian options and is marketed as "Fresh Med".

There are places specializing in Poke Bowls near my house and near my office, which also offer some "cooked" food options for those not sure about raw fish.

The QC varies day to day in a lot of these places, but as someone who seeks "healthier" and vegetarian options, it is nice that there ARE more options to choose from.

• Like 1

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde