• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anyone know how to achieve the eyeball effect on bonbons?

Julie222

Hi everyone, 

i recently took a 4 day intensive bonbon class that covered how to spray bonbon molds and generate ganaches. I’m trying to however replicate the eyeball look that Andrey Dubrovnik creates on intagram. 

Does anyone know how that is accomplished? 

9 hours ago, Julie222 said:

Hi everyone, 

i recently took a 4 day intensive bonbon class that covered how to spray bonbon molds and generate ganaches. I’m trying to however replicate the eyeball look that Andrey Dubrovnik creates on intagram. 

Does anyone know how that is accomplished? 

If you are referring to the eye effect with a somewhat vague definition of the eye, that was, as gfron1 stated, taught in the class (whether all students mastered the technique is another question entirely!). If it is the well-defined eye (often black) in the middle with other colors around it, I asked Andrey about that design and whether he would share a general description of how he does that with the students in the course. Although his response was polite, he didn't answer my question directly, but he said he might include that in a future version of the online course.

• 1 year later...

I attempted something in my mind that I wanted to look eyeballish and it didn't quite work out the way I envisioned - at all.  i used my air compressor and a nozzle that just blows air - I had way to much air pressure when blowing and difficulties directing the air flow the way I wanted the cb to spread when I dripped drops.  More of a halloween time decoration I think.  The other two came out as planed nearly. 

0ABE550B-72C5-487B-A45A-BF26CDD0E7C6_1_201_a.jpeg

81E1A97A-D327-431F-9C25-BEB2F0926CDF_1_201_a.jpeg

E016B5B5-A805-496B-A4EF-58A1BEB4D254.jpeg