• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi All!

catservant

New guy here.  I’m looking forward to participating in the forums and have learned a lot from just browsing.  I don’t have any connection to the restaurant business other than as a customer.  I would say that the best meal I ever had was at Charley Trotters in Chicago,  my favorite restaurants are Commanders Palace in NOLA and Husk in Charleston.  My wife and I are both fairly recently retired, and are looking forward to spending some time together in the kitchen.  Anyway, that’s enough rambling from me.

• Like 1

Welcome! (and welcome to retirement, by the way. You'll soon wonder how you ever found time to work.) If you have any questions about how to use the forums, or where or whether to post, feel free to ask a host. Here's a staff directory, in case you're interested.

When you and your wife start spending more time in the kitchen, what sorts of cookery do you anticipate doing? Do you have old favorites you hope to tweak, perhaps? Are there new techniques or cuisines you look forward to exploring?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown