• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

Also I would keep in mind that they are probably interested in American traditions so trying to tailor the meal to their cuisine defeats the point. A classic is the green bean casserole which can be made ahead and reheated in MW adding the crispy onions at the end. I agree on the cranberry sauce though it might amuse them to do the canned one where you leave the can ridges - show them the can. Classic dinner rolls - even the Pillsbury type would be another amusement. Show them how it works. I see it as an educational fun experience. Love the truck guy!

heidih

heidih

Also I would keep in mi d that they are proabably interested in American traditions so trying to tailor the meal to their cuisine defeats the point. A classic is the green bean casserole which can be made ahead and reheated in MW adding the crispy onions at the end. I agree on the cranberry sauce though it might amuse them to do the canned one where you leave the can ridges - show them the can. Classic dinner rolls - even the Pillsbury type would be another amusement. Show them how it works. I see it as an educational fun experience. Love the truck guy!