• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

First take courage from this Sam Sifton (NYTbfood editor) interview. Near the end he gives 3 points of TG advice. Paraphrasing: 1) it will all be fine  2) you need more butter than you think and 3) not the time to discuss curren issues.  I did most of mine as buffet which would work with your space set-up and allow you to provide an array that has "something for everyone". My solution to beverages has been "bring whatever you would like to drink". Always had a happy crowd.  

heidih

heidih

First take courage from this Sam Sifton (NYTbfood editor) interview. Near the end he gives 3 points of TG advice. Paraphrasing: 1) it will all be fine  2) you need nore butter than you think and 3) not the time to discuss curren iccues.  I did most of mine as buffet which would work with your space set-up and allow you to provide an array that has "something for everyone". My solution to beverages has been "bring whatever you would like to drink". Always had a happy crowd.