• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chromedome

chromedome

On 11/1/2018 at 12:34 AM, weedy said:

so that guy in the video says "its some good ass carbonara"

I was under the impression that Carbonara was made with Guanciale, which is pork cheek...

is this some variant made with ass?

or was he self describing?

They were tasting three plates: one of cacio e pepe, one of carbonara, and one of tripe.

ETA: The penny just dropped. I thought that you'd thought the guy in the video had mistaken cacio e pepe for carbonara. Rather embarrassing for someone with my history of smartassery to overlook it in someone else. :P

("Sar-chasm: n, The gulf between the person making the joke and the one not getting it...")

chromedome

chromedome

10 hours ago, weedy said:

so that guy in the video says "its some good ass carbonara"

I was under the impression that Carbonara was made with Guanciale, which is pork cheek...

is this some variant made with ass?

or was he self describing?

They were tasting three plates: one of cacio e pepe, one of carbonara, and one of tripe.