• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I like less frilly.

on the above , Id prefer the fork on the L

that bing said , as the flatware get ' better ' the more it will cost the restaurant.

Id also say , the ' better ' the food is  , without wasting time on what ' better ' means

the heftier the flatware should be , but still simple.

Im going to the restaurant for the food  and the flatware can't be a distraction either way :

artisy ? cheap feel ?   no thanks.

P. S. :  thinking back to the various restaurants ive been in , at all levels ,

I can't recall any of the flatware.

I take that as a good sign that it ' matched ' the food and did not distract from it.

of course , Plastic does not count.

rotuts

rotuts

I like less frilly.

that bing said , as the flatware get ' better ' the more it will cost the restaurant.

Id also say , the ' better ' the food is  , without wasting time on what ' better ' means

Im going to the restaurant for the food  and the flatware can't be a distraction either way :

P. S. :  thinking back to the various restaurants ive been in , at all levels ,

I can't recall any of the flatware.

I take that as a good sign that it ' matched ' the food and did not distract from it.

rotuts

rotuts

I like less frilly.