• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

I have found that simple and delicious is appreciated over fancy. I did a spinach/egg white/cheese omlette the other day that took less than 10 minutes and was raved about. I've since made a smaller version for myself twice!  Along with fruit and a quick bread (maybe pumpkin or cranberry) I think you are done. Orange juice & fizzy water or cheap sparking wine, coffee, and hot chocolate completes. BTW a friend manages a gift shop with heavy foot traffic and sets out hot chocolate for customers during the hoidays. They all rave snd want her recipe. It is Swiss Miss w/ water!!! During the holidays it is more the atmosphere than the food I think.  As I stress about what to serve one of my boys tomorrow - heed thine own words Heidi!

heidih

heidih

I have found that simple and delicious is appreciated over fancy. I did a spinach/egg white/cheese omlette the other day that took less than 10 minutes and was raved about. I've since made a smaller version for myself twice!  Along with fruit and a quick bread (maybe pumpkin or cranberry) I think you are done. Orange juice & fizzy water or cheap sparking wine, coffee, and hot chocolate completes. BTW a friend manages a gift shop with heavy foot traffic and sets out hot chocolate for customers during the hoidays. They all rave snd want her recipe. It is Swiss Miss w/ water!!! During the holidays it is more the atmosphere than the food I think.  As I stress sbout what to serve one of my boys tomorrow - heed thine own words Heidi!

heidih

heidih

I have found that simple and delicious isappreciated over fancy. I did a spinach/egg white/cheese omlette the other day that took less than 10 minutes and was raved about. I've since made a smaller version for myself twice!  Along with fruit and a quick bread (maybe pumpkin or cranberry) I think you are done. Orange juice & fizzy water or cheap sparking wine, coffee, and hot chocolate completes. BTW a friend manages a gift shop with heavy foot traffic and sets out hot chocolate for customers during the hoidays. They all rave snd want her recipe. It is Swiss Miss w/ water!!! During the holidays it is more the atmosphere than the food I think.  As I stress sbout what to serve one of my boys tomorrow - heed thine own words Heidi!