• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

On 10/24/2018 at 4:58 PM, David Ross said:

I'm getting an early start on planning my Holiday cooking and baking.  (I know, I'm already getting some comments from family and friends that it's only late October and it's too early to talk about such things).

I thought I'd start by showing my collection of November past issues of Bon Appetit that my parents collected over the years.  I bring them out every season to go through the recipes that I've tagged with bits of paper and stickers.  Some of the covers are tattered and torn, taped back on, and over the years I've cut out some of the recipes.  While I've read these every year, some dating back to the  1970's, I always seem to find a new recipe to find.  What are you planning to make for the Holidays this year?  Are you introducing some new dishes, staying with the classics or updating them with some new tastes and textures?

Bon Appetit 1983.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1980.jpeg

Bon Appetit Nov. 1981.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1982.jpeg

Bon Appetit Nov. 1984.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1987.jpeg

Bon Appetit Nov. 1988.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1986.jpeg

Bon Appetit Nov. 1990.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1993.jpeg

I wish they'd make them all available via DVD like "The Mother Earth News" did with their back-issues! 

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

On 10/24/2018 at 4:58 PM, David Ross said:

I'm getting an early start on planning my Holiday cooking and baking.  (I know, I'm already getting some comments from family and friends that it's only late October and it's too early to talk about such things).

I thought I'd start by showing my collection of November past issues of Bon Appetit that my parents collected over the years.  I bring them out every season to go through the recipes that I've tagged with bits of paper and stickers.  Some of the covers are tattered and torn, taped back on, and over the years I've cut out some of the recipes.  While I've read these every year, some dating back to the  1970's, I always seem to find a new recipe to find.  What are you planning to make for the Holidays this year?  Are you introducing some new dishes, staying with the classics or updating them with some new tastes and textures?

Bon Appetit 1983.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1980.jpeg

Bon Appetit Nov. 1981.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1982.jpeg

Bon Appetit Nov. 1984.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1987.jpeg

Bon Appetit Nov. 1988.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1986.jpeg

Bon Appetit Nov. 1990.jpegBon Appetit Nov. 1993.jpeg

I wish they're make them all available via DVD like "The Mother Earth News" did with their back-issues!