• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PassionateAmateur

PassionateAmateur

On 11/5/2018 at 12:33 PM, BeeZee said:

I may have a guest for Thanksgiving dinner who must eat gluten free (sorry, no gravy for her, not making two batches) does anyone have a favorite recipe for rice dressing in case I need it? I don't mind making a small batch in addition to the bread variety since I will eat the leftovers. My bread stuffing/dressing has mushrooms and onions, so an alternate flavor profile would be nice (maybe dried fruit?).

BeeZee -- can't help you with the rice dressing, but King Arthur makes gluten free flour - I wouldn't trust it for baking bread, but it works just fine as the thickener in gravy (I had "that one guest" at my place last year).  Worked exactly the same as normal all-purpose.

Whoops -- just saw your later post.  Oh well, someone else might need the suggestion!

PassionateAmateur

PassionateAmateur

On 11/5/2018 at 12:33 PM, BeeZee said:

I may have a guest for Thanksgiving dinner who must eat gluten free (sorry, no gravy for her, not making two batches) does anyone have a favorite recipe for rice dressing in case I need it? I don't mind making a small batch in addition to the bread variety since I will eat the leftovers. My bread stuffing/dressing has mushrooms and onions, so an alternate flavor profile would be nice (maybe dried fruit?).

BeeZee -- can't help you with the rice dressing, but King Arthur makes gluten free flour - I wouldn't trust it for baking bread, but it works just fine as the thickener in gravy (I had "that one guest" at my place last year).  Worked exactly the same as normal all-purpose.