• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any exceptional dining places near Algonquin Park?

jackmash

Hello guys,

I am with my family, planning to visit Algonquin Park next weekend. We are a group of two adults and three kids. We are planning a small hiking along the trails of the Algonquin Park and a little fishing in the evening on a small canoe which we will be hiring once we get there. I heard, there are plenty of services providers in and around the park. So getting a canoe for rent won't be a problem I guess. We are hunting for a few fine dining places in Ontario. The one we found out while searching on the internet has some good reviews but, we like to know what you guys think about them and their service. I and my wife, we both are big foodies and, even our kids love to enjoy their meals. Since we will be away from home, we will need something that cheers up the occasion and gives us some great memories to cherish. This picnic comes after a very long time. So, if you can suggest me a few exceptional dining places in Ontario, we will be really thankful to you.

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted title for clarity (log)

I've only ever fed myself on the boat when tied up along side the dock at the Killarney Mountain Lodge - but you won't find anything else in the fine dining arena in that area (the Sportsman Lodge has a restaurant as well but not quite so posh). Is that the area where you will be located?

Not sure where you are starting from or the route you are taking home but Eigensinn Farm get's nothing but fabulous reviews for one of those once in a lifetime meals. 

I really think you are too late for this year (my original reaction to your post included mild profanities)

It has already started snowing in that area (my brother lives south of Algonquin Park and posted pictures of the snow at his house tonight). 

I would be SHOCKED is any of the canoe rental/outfitter places are still open, do not count on anyone being willing to rent you a canoe unless you have spoken to a human on the telephone and firmly made arrangements (and frankly you'd be just short of insane to be canoe fishing at this time of year). 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...