• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

George A

George A

correct grammar

Good to hear from you Darienne,

I'm not a pro in the kitchen either but always trying to learn. Your cooking categories sound very interesting - lots of spices I'll bet (which I like). Maybe you found out already but a Kamado is a (usually) ceramic outdoor cooker, the Big Green Egg being the most well known. They are fueled by charcoal and have air-tight vents at the bottom and top so that temperatures can be held for low and slow cooking (eg. 4-5 hrs at 225 F for  pork ribs). Hard to do on a regular BBQ.

My wife and I have been in Ptbo for 8 years, having lived in Toronto 40 years. Don't miss TO at all!

Cheers.

George A

George A

Good to hear from you Darienne,

I'm not a pro in the kitchen either but always trying to learn. Your cooking categories sound very interesting - lots of spices I'll bet (which I like). Maybe you found out already but a Kamado is a (usually) ceramic outdoor cooker, the Big Green Egg being the most well known. They are fueled by charcoal and are air-tight with vents at the bottom and top so that temperatures can be held for low and slow cooking (eg. 4-5 hrs at 225 F for  pork ribs). Hard to do on a regular BBQ.

My wife and I have been in Ptbo for 8 years, having lived in Toronto 40 years. Don't miss TO at all!

Cheers.