• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

42 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I'm sure you're right. I'm guessing it's a nomenclature that's somewhat common in UK shops but it would be nice to get your take on the original ingredient. 

Searching my own books for recipes that call for long green Turkish peppers, they're largely by UK authors or in books published in the UK. 

I'm sure YOU are right, although despite being British and having lived beside the main Turkish area, I don't know what she means.

She is usually more upfront when using substitutes.

liuzhou

liuzhou

23 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I'm sure you're right. I'm guessing it's a nomenclature that's somewhat common in UK shops but it would be nice to get your take on the original ingredient. 

Searching my own books for recipes that call for long green Turkish peppers, they're largely by UK authors or in books published in the UK. 

I'm sure YOU are right, although despite being British and having lived beside the main Turkish area, I don't know what she means.

She is usually more upfront when using substitutes. I have messaged her; hopefully she will clarify.