• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, heidih said:

So is this what we buy in processed form as "arrowroot'? I've use the powder as a less gloppy than cornstarch thickener. 

Could be; could be not. There are many "arrowroots", but they are all basically just sources of starch. I tend to use potato starch as a go to and I never use c@rn in any form whatsoever.

Kudzu is classified as an invasive species in the USA, as I understand.

liuzhou

liuzhou

49 minutes ago, heidih said:

So is this what we buy in processed form as "arrowroot'? I've use the powder as a less gloppy than cornstarch thickener. 

Could be; could be not. There are many "arrowroots", but they are all basically just sources of starch. I tend to use potato starch as a go to.

liuzhou

liuzhou

41 minutes ago, heidih said:

Could be; could be not. There are many "arrowroots", but they are all basically just sources of starch. I tend to se potato starch as a go to.