• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

32 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

"Do not refrigerate". I did not know that and faithfully store mine in the fridge.

For the same reason  you should never store tomatoes in the fridge. It does them no good whatsover and has the opposite effect. They are tropical plants and the cold destroys them. They are ideally stored between 12 and 16°C (53 and 60°F).

liuzhou

liuzhou

26 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

"Do not refrigerate". I did not know that and faithfully store mine in the fridge.

For the same reason  you should never store tomatoes in the fridge. It does them no good whatsover and has the opposite effect. They are trropical plants and the cold destroys them. They are ideally stored between 12 and 16°C (53 and 60°F).