• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 3/19/2019 at 5:01 PM, Anna N said:

Have you cooked these roots yet? Are they something that you will seek out in the future? Can you relate the taste to anything I might recognize?

I did intend to cook them tonight, but fate intervened and I had to go out for dinner. I'll deal with them tomorrow and let you know. They are often pickled and I've eaten that many times, but I've ever had them fresh before.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

Have you cooked these roots yet? Are they something that you will seek out in the future? Can you relate the taste to anything I might recognize?

I did intend to cook them tonight, but fate intervened and I had to go out for dinner. I'll deal with them tomorrow and let you know. They are often pickled and I've eat that many times, but I've ever had them fresh before.