• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

I generally loved the show, in particular the lighting; but something weird was going on in the "Acid" show.  I'm not sure what, I'm still pondering it.

Also -- on the "Heat" show, she went on about the back of the oven being the hottest part, but failed to mention the unused convection fan back there. 

In my [totally non-restaurant-] world, convection takes care of a lot of the unevenness issue, at least with sturdy things like meat.  Possibly this is my under-sophistication; but on the other hand, I thought that kind of cook was who she was talking to.  

SLB

SLB

I generally loved the show, but something weird was going on in the "Acid" show.  I'm not sure what, I'm still pondering it.

Also -- on the "Heat" show, she went on about the back of the oven being the hottest part, but failed to mention the unused convection fan back there. 

In my [totally non-restaurant-] world, convection takes care of a lot of the unevenness issue, at least with sturdy things like meat.  Possibly this is my under-sophistication; but on the other hand, I thought that kind of cook was who she was talking to.