• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

&roid

&roid

We’ve been able to keep an oven, dishwasher and small sink. The builders have been great and built us a temporary worktop to get by on - I even got my knife block back up on the wall. 

My brother loaned me a single burner induction plate. It’s been hilariously bad (think it cost about £30 so not surprising). Even on a medium low setting it overheats after a few minutes. I can just about manage scrambled eggs but pan frying meat is a disaster, mildly boiled chops... mmmm

163A8EED-1786-4C11-9C04-5048198C21B7.jpeg

&roid

&roid

We’ve been able to keep an oven, dishwasher and small sink. The builders have been great and built us a temporary worktop to get by on - I even got my knife block back up on the wall. 

My my brother loaned me a single burner induction plate. It’s been hilariously bad (think it cost about £30 so not surprising). Even on a medium low setting it overheats after a few minutes. I can just about manage scrambled eggs but pan frying meat is a disaster, mildly boiled chops... mmmm

163A8EED-1786-4C11-9C04-5048198C21B7.jpeg