• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

sbain

NOOB (Newly Obsessed Of Bon bons :)

Hello beautiful people. Love this forum and finally decided to join. I am an amateur, home-cook. I started making chocolates earlier this year, and after a few frustrating, exciting and sometimes disastrous runs trying to hand-dip slabbed ganache, I recently switched over to molded bon bons (yay!). I am loving playing around with cocoa butter decoration. I have some decent and a few not-so-good fillings. Currently searching for some great “go-to” filling recipes for piping into my demispheres. And excited about stepping up and trying some “intermediate” ideas (ie: layering ingredients, adding a biscuit?!? Etc).

These forums are inspiring and I’ve only scratched the surface. Looking forward to learning from and sharing with you all.

seth

6CB3C658-E830-445A-A8DA-EFF4AB18EE0F.jpeg

855F089F-D27D-4358-A6BD-2EA3B874E4C3.jpeg

• Like 3

Welcome! And, may I say, nice chocolates.

• Like 1

Welcome, @sbain!  You should find all the help you need here.  Your candies are gorgeous!

• Like 1