• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NOOB (Newly Obsessed Of Bonbons :)

sbain

Hello beautiful people. Love this forum and finally decided to join. I am an amateur, home-cook. I started making chocolates earlier this year, and after a few frustrating, exciting and sometimes disastrous runs trying to hand-dip slabbed ganache, I recently switched over to molded bon bons (yay!). I am loving playing around with cocoa butter decoration. I have some decent and a few not-so-good fillings. Currently searching for some great “go-to” filling recipes for piping into my demispheres. And excited about stepping up and trying some “intermediate” ideas (ie: layering ingredients, adding a biscuit?!? Etc).

These forums are inspiring and I’ve only scratched the surface. Looking forward to learning from and sharing with you all.

seth

6CB3C658-E830-445A-A8DA-EFF4AB18EE0F.jpeg

855F089F-D27D-4358-A6BD-2EA3B874E4C3.jpeg

• Like 3