• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BVWells

Thank You!!!

I just wanted to thank Kerry, Steve (lebowits), Rob (gfron1) and Chocolot for taking the time out to answer so many of my questions. I haven't been working with chocolate for long and was running into a number of problems and they were so helpful. After following their advice and lots of practice I finally feel like I am getting the hang of things. Here are today's results. Waiting to be filled, but so far so good. Thank you again and hopefully I'll get to meet you guys at the workshop next year. By the way, there will be TONS of additional questions to come. lol

Branden

20181006_173706.jpg

Edited by BVWells (log)
  • Like 11

Wow, well done.

you gotta love the generosity of ”Egulleters”

• Like 5

Very pretty! Bet they'll be tasty, too.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

• Similar Content

• By cslas
      So a question about guitar cutters. I can see why they're a superior method for cutting ganache in terms of uniformity and efficiency, but I was wondering if there's something about cutting with a metal string that's superior to cutting with a knife? Perhaps a ganache would stick to the string less than the knife? Where I'm headed with this is, as someone who's just starting out and not ready to invest in a guitar cutter, I'm wondering if using a cheese lyre to cut ganache might be better than using a knife?
    • By BVWells
      Afternoon everyone. I know that some of you have taken classes with Melissa Coppel and I am finally going to bite the bullet and take one of her classes, but I don't know whether I should take her "Intensive Chocolate Workshop" class or her "Running a Chocolate Production" class. I hear all of her classes are great, but I'm just wondering which one would be better for an amateur home chocolate maker who is pretty confident in his tempering and ganache skills, but is looking to take that next step. Thanks in advance!!

Branden
    • By eglies
      Hey guys :) 

Im having difficulties with my tempering machine. The chocolate is not in temper. Ive made several tests and they all have certain marks on. 
      Im in a hot country so i make sure to have my mould in temper and then i pop them in the fridge to make sure they set properly. 
      Any tips? Something i should be considering? 
      Anything would be of great help!!!! 

• By eglies
      Hi there,

How low can you go on calculating pricing on wedding favours. 

I use this method which assumes you want a 50% mark up:  Cost of item: 4 dollars (100-50)x100

I know its up to me to decide the mark up percentage I use but how low should can you/should you go?

Thanks guys
      E
    • By onemorebitedelara.com
      Has anyone used Valrhona Absolut Crystal neutral glaze particularly to thicken a coulis or to glaze a tart?  If so, how did you like it and is there another glaze you think worked as well but is less expensive or can be purchased in smaller quantities?