• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Selling chocolate in warm climate

eglies

Hello, I am a new chocolatier.  Any suggestions on new products or other sources of revenue one can create to increase business during warm weather? People dont really like to eat chocolate during very hot weather we have here. I need to think of ways that will not give me extra costs. Thanks for your feedback

I am in Cyprus Europe, I don’t want to have to make cakes as this is another setup for my workshop...I made a lot of cakes before and people don’t pay enough for them cause they dont understand the time you put into it...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, eglies said:

I am in Cyprus Europe, I don’t want to have to make cakes as this is another setup for my workshop...I made a lot of cakes before and people don’t pay enough for them cause they dont understand the time you put into it...

and so you turned to chocolates? :D

can you make frozen desserts? Customers might be interested in chilled items like icecream or gelato?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's a problem most of us face.  I wish I could afford to take the whole summer off! 

If you have your own shop and kitchen space, would you consider renting it out during the summer? 

Or how about jams and jellies made with local seasonal fruit?  They have good shelf life and could even be sold into the winter months.  You only need a stove and a couple of large pots or pans for the water bath.

• Like 1