• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Revisiting an old recipe

joiei

Chillies -in-oil    My jalapenos have become very prolific late in the season and I remembered an old recipe that I did for a couple of years.  The thread was by Foodman.  This was back when we had a fairly active Middle East group.  I know he used a different pepper but I have Jalapenos.  After 3 months of curing, these tasty treats saw life on a crudite platter at a meeting of the farmer's market board I was on at the time.  They did not last.  I love going back to the old days of eG and revisit threads from the early days.  Such good stuff.  I learned to not be afraid of trying to cook Middle Eastern from Elie.  

• Like 4

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!