• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Budding Chocolatier from India

prashamk

Hi,

I am Prasham from India. Since a while I've gotten into making decorative assorted chocolates. I love it and I want to learn how can I be better at it. I don't have any formal training but it couldn't stop me as internet was there to help me at every step. Found about this wonderful forum and I instantly fell in love with it. I hope to have a great time gaining valuable knowledge from the experts on this forum.

Regards

Prasham 

IMG-20180818-WA0073.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome Prasham! Really looking forward to seeing your work and also more about your life in India. I'll be very curious to see what its like making chocolates in the heat of India.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Pastry and Baking forum INDEX which gives a good overview of some of the topics, but then just explore because our pastry forum is very active.

Currently weather in India isn't really very hot and hence one can keep most of the chocolates in any "cool" dry place. In summer months it needs to be stored in a refrigerator. Biggest problem in storing chocolate outside the refrigerator is that they shouldn't be allowed to touch each other or else it will loose its luster and look pretty dull.

Thanks for the suggesting Pastry & Baking forum :)

Some more suggestions of recent topics:

Storing bonbons in freezerHot weather chocolate production

Making your own cocoa butters

You'll quickly see that someone on here has always gone through what you might go through, and we are also happy to see new questions because often times it brings up an older topics that we haven't discussed in a while, and all of our skill levels have grown potentially giving us better information to share in our responses.

• Like 2