• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

On 10/25/2018 at 7:33 AM, sartoric said:

I’m loving this vicarious trip through Georgia. Thanks @shain

I have Uzbekistan tucked away on my long list of places to visit, but the focus on meat is daunting. Yes, different countries, but with similar pasts. I’d be interested to hear how you’re managing as a non meat eater.

I found the Georgian cuisine to be very vegetarian friendly. Meats are very popular; but the custom of lent, the availability of dairy products, delicious produce and love of baked goods all result in many vegetarian dishes being present. During the trip I had no problem finding delicious and varied dishes to try.

shain

shain

On 10/25/2018 at 7:33 AM, sartoric said:

I’m loving this vicarious trip through Georgia. Thanks @shain

I have Uzbekistan tucked away on my long list of places to visit, but the focus on meat is daunting. Yes, different countries, but with similar pasts. I’d be interested to hear how you’re managing as a non meat eater.

I found the Georgian cuisine to be very vegetarian friendly. Meats are very popular; but the custom of lent, the availability of dairy products, delicious produce and love of baked goods all result in many vegetarian dishes being present. During mt trip I had no problem finding delicious and varied dishes to try.