• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

correct fruit from kumquat to loquat

I love those spice tins. I first saw one at the home of a dear neighbor - both husband and wife grew up in India.  I have a fondness for doing tamarind water from whole pods because...I love the seeds aesthetically (also love loquat seeds) and well Julie Andrew & Omar Sharif in The Tamarind Seed...  

My general curry confusion is definition. Is it a highly spiced (not heat but spices) gravy over several cuisines or?  I like The Japanese S&B powder. I have a gorgeous Thai mortar and pestle but often use canned pastes for South East Asian curries. The ones that come in a can like tuna and usually have a mama face logo. Such a broad area - but carry on - I love it all. 

heidih

heidih

I love those spice tins. I first saw one at the home of a dear neighbor - both husband and wife grew up in India.  I have a fondness for doing tamarind water from whole pods because...I love the seeds aesthetically (also love kumquat seeds) and well Julie Andrew & Omar Sharif in The Tamarind Seed...  

My general curry confusion is definition. Is it a highly spiced (not heat but spices) gravy over several cuisines or?  I like The Japanese S&B powder. I have a gorgeous Thai mortar and pestle but often use canned pastes for South East Asian curries. The ones that come in a can like tuna and usually have a mama face logo. Such a broad area - but carry on - I love it all.